August 22, 2016

Flashback Monday! (AKA I Didn't Have Time to Write a New Review)


Can I blame these Cybermen for my time famine?
Photo: (C) BBC.co.uk
It's been A Summer. I know many of you would agree with me on that. The year has flown by too quickly, and the time has been eaten up by, apparently, some sort of Doctor-Who-esque monster villains who consume time and crap out additional stuff to do.

I wanted to write up a new book review for today, but it just wasn't going to happen. I had to spend all of my writing energy on work-related emails about awkward and annoying topics. Now my brain is tired.

BUT! I do have SOMETHING for you. Periodically I like to do a flashback post and look back on words I already wrote, so I don't have to write new ones. So, in shameless imitation of the Book of the Face, I present you with:

FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY! - I reviewed Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan, a retelling of the fairy tale Snow White and Rose Red. You can read the review here.

TEN YEARS AGO TODAY! - Can you believe we've been blogging that long? Only about a year into our blogging adventure, I posted about Maureen Johnson's 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Interestingly, in our comment conversation in response to my post, Tanita claimed that, of the two of us, *I* was the analytical reviewer... You can read that, and the review, here.

1 comment:

tanita✿davis said...

☺ And by that I meant I felt like I just gushed all the time. I've since learned that I need to think a bit more about what I read, and not just try and cram in all in, two-fisted, like a book-starved addict. I'm a bit more measured now, ten years in. Mostly.